Psychotherapist, Psychologist, Author, and Supervisor
Therapists are wounded healers. Our own need to heal is what leads us down a path of self-discovery that ignites the fire of healing in our souls that we then feel compelled to share with others. It is our own journey through darkness that enables us to walk alongside you as you discover the healing light within yourself. As a human being I am committed to a life-long journey of growth and transformation. I try to live authentically, consciously, and with a sense of curiosity, and it is this spirit that I bring to my therapeutic practice. I am always uncovering experiences and parts of myself that help me develop a deeper compassion and empathy for clients. I am open to learning and to receiving what it is that you bring. I will honour your lived experiences because you know you better than anyone else does.
I have more than 20 years of experience working in the United Kingdom, Kenya, Canada, and Dubai, with a wide variety of culturally-diverse adolescents, adults, and couples. I am registered with the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the British Psychological Society (BPS). I am the author of two self-help psychology books, Everything you want: The secret behind the Law of Attraction (2007) and Letting Go: Your key to Positive Thinking and Success (2008). I am also a Registered Supervisor (RS) and offer supervision to practitioners who are in need of a professional holding space.
- Diploma in Adult Supervision from Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education (CCPE) - 2020
- Trauma – Aid Hap-Germany- Nairobi, Kenya. EMDR Training Level 1- October 2014. Level 2- September 2015.
- ACT- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy Training – Nairobi, Kenya Certificate in ACT – September 2014
- University of Waterloo, Conrad Grebel college – Waterloo, Canada. Certificate in Family Mediation (Concentration in Domestic Violence 2010
- Corporate Coach from Corporate Coach University, Licensed
Coaching Clinic Facilitator (Training & Development), Train the Trainer Program, 2004 and Certificate of Coaching, 2006, respectively.
- Diploma in Family Law and Child Law from Holborn College
- Masters Degree in Psychoanalytic Studies from Brunel University
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology from University of Western Ontario, Canada